Quality Assurance Manager
Coordinate and maintain food safety and food quality policies, GMP and HACCP programs at the facility. Oversee microbiology and chemistry labs to ensure product compliance to internal, external and regulatory specifications. SQF Practitioner, PCQI and HACCP Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Follow all company safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate work place hazards. Correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Develop, administer, and maintain Food Safety, Food Quality, SOP, GMP, SQF, and HACCP/QACCP plans and procedures.
- Foster a food safety and food quality culture through open communication and education with plant managers, engineers, and employees.
- Ensure a consistently safe food product that meets all government, customer, ZFS, and third party audit requirements and regulations.
- Manage the investigation, root cause analysis and resolution of customer issues. Implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Monitor and ensure compliance and timely reporting for all Department of Agriculture. Ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, GMP, HACCP, QACCP, Identity Preserved, SQF and ZFS programs.
- Maintain current certifications which include: Non-GMO, Kosher, Halal, SQF
- Conduct food safety and food quality training sessions for plant personnel.
- Identify and implement appropriate quality assurance testing policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and support to the laboratory staff with analysis and product testing.
- Stay abreast of food safety regulations and laws within the countries ZFS conducts business.
- Participate in Industry associations as it relates to food safety rules and regulations.
- In the QA Manager’s absence, the Food Safety Coordinator shall be the contact for food safety and quality issues and the SQF Practitioner.
- Directly supervises Food Safety Technician and Lab Technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assistance in hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- BS Degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Biology or Chemistry. Knowledge of Preventive Controls for Human Food and Animal Food. Five years experience in a food safety or quality assurance environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. HACCP, SQF and Practitioner Certifications preferred
- Two years of direct Supervisory experience.
- Intermediate level of experience and knowledge of Windows Operating System, Internet Explorer, Excel and MS Word.
Supporting a drug free workplace
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.”
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.