Quality Assurance Manager
Position Summary Description:
Performs all duties related to the corporate sanitation and quality assurance, to include, but not limited to: Food Safety, Food Defense, HACCP program, maintaining all audit records and requirements, maintaining code/expiration dates, and investigating customer complaints relating to food safety or quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and manages the company Food Safety, Food Defense, and Quality programs with the intent to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Manages the HACCP Program by ensuring that the HACCP Plans and Analysis are current and updated annually.
- Maintains and updates company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Ensures that personnel are trained in each facility and are monitoring the Critical Control points as required in the company’s HACCP Program.
- Maintains records and requirements by ensuring that all records required for compliance and audit’s are filed and kept for the required retention period.
- Performs monthly self-inspections at each facility. Reports findings up stream.
- Responsible for all 3rd party audits and regulatory compliance issues relating to GMP’s, SSOP’s, SOP’s, IPM, and food safety.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure company programs and policies are met.
- Is the company expert on code/lot number tracking within the warehouse management system.
- Trains facility personnel to maintain code/expiration/lot dates by generating daily expired items report and communicates findings to Purchasing Department.
- Establishes processes to ensure proper rotation of product in company warehouses.
- Works with Purchasing Department on the proper disposition for coded product.
- Builds decipher codes in BFC system for date sensitive items.
- Responsible to investigate and resolve customer complaints that are related to food safety and quality.
- Communicates findings based on observations and testing (if necessary).
- Maintains customer complaint file according to audit retention requirements.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; counseling employees, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct reports include: Quality Assurance Supervisor and Specialists, Sanitation team.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree and/or Bachelor of Arts degree in Business
- One to three years warehouse or distribution experience with preferably one year experience in foodservice quality control. Previous supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Certificate in a quality related discipline (ie. Six Sigma; SQF)
- Capable of obtain and passing a State Pesticide Exam.
- Capable of acquiring a state certification as a licensed Sanitarian.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.