Food Scientist – Protein Applications and Seasonings
Are you a results oriented, self-motivated individual interested in a position that can make a difference within a well-respected company? Wixon is a growing and progressive manufacturer of custom flavor systems and food technologies. Located in St. Francis, WI, we have been blending innovation with a passion for service since 1907. We are always looking for talented individuals seeking to build a career and join the Wixon family. Wixon has an immediate opening for a Food Scientist in our Protein Applications and Seasonings division.
The Food Scientist will be responsible for conducting product testing, matching seasonings and finished products, and developing new products for specific meat projects. This individual will collaborate with sales for customer presentations, to establish constructive working relationships with customers, and to provide customer requests in a timely manner, and works closely with our exceptional research & development team to deliver innovative, targeted solutions to Wixon’s customers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and/or matches products for customers based on ingredients, cost, performance and sensory targets.
- Develops meat applications (seasonings, marinades, etc.) in conjunction with the Meat Pilot Plant personnel.
- Determines systematic, efficient approaches to projects through the review and examination of related projects, reference materials and information from sales staff.
- Determines ingredient and finished product cost flexibility.
- Supports the customer sampling program through the coordination and supply of outgoing samples.
Key Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or related field, or 3+ years of experience in food product development is required.
- Previous experience in food production development is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills including knowledge of ingredient functionality across a broad range of meat and meat flavor system applications and the ability to develop successful products.
Wixon offers much to its employees, including an onsite cafeteria with an employee meal plan, as well as many other competitive benefits which include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Educational Assistance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Company Sponsored Employee Events, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Holidays. Our corporate campus in St. Francis, WI is close to both the Milwaukee airport and the restaurants, museums, theaters, galleries, and shopping in downtown Milwaukee.
Please visit our website for more company information at www.wixon.com
It is Wixon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or physical disability.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.