JOB FILLED - QA Supervisor
- Coordinate daily activities of QA Inspectors/Auditors, their work schedules, shift coverage, and time off requests.
- Actively work on the production floor to provide guidance to QA Inspectors/Auditors, Manufacturing Operations personnel and all other employees to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), good housekeeping practices and all other policies established by Wellington Foods, Inc.
- Report product quality problems or risks to management immediately or take action if possible to correct the problem. QA Supervisor is authorized and responsible to stop production when quality discrepancies are discovered.
- Provide guidance and plan of action to QA Inspectors/Auditors, Manufacturing Operations personnel, and other personnel when production events occur and lead investigations of non-compliant issues according to procedures as defined in specific SOPs.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Operations Department management and supervisory personnel in identifying and resolving problems affecting product quality.
- Initiate Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) and work with Manufacturing Operations management to ensure that the root cause of non-conformance is determined; corrective action & preventive action (CAPA) is initiated, and verify CAPA's effectiveness.
- Conduct routine inspections of plant areas, equipment, and personnel to ensure cGMPs compliance. If discrepancies in cGMPs, procedures, systems or techniques are observed, work with area management to perform root cause analysis, assist in the initiation and investigation of deviations and the development of CAPAs to correct issues.
- Ensure that all non-conforming material and/or product are properly identified, segregated and reported. Assist in performing “HOLD” and “REJECT” procedures.
- Follow up with implemented programs (GMP, HACCP, Allergen Control, Organic Certification, Pest Control, etc.) to ensure compliance by all employees and other personnel in the manufacturing facility.
- Review inspection, measuring and testing data collected by QA Inspectors/Auditors to ensure correctness, completeness, and proper documentation.
- Assist in product inspection, testing and measuring as required.
- Coordinate pre-operational sanitation inspection of manufacturing equipment and areas with the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Review batch records and resolve any potential product issues prior to submitting batch records to quality assurance management for product release.
- Coordinate collection of samples for quality control, manage reference samples and reserve samples.
- Assist with the environmental monitoring program: sample collection and submission to Quality Control Laboratory.
- Train QA Inspectors/Auditors for physical inspection of production areas and equipment, components, in-process products, finished products and cGMPs. Responsible for on-time completion of QA Inspectors/Auditors training requirements.
- Assist in performance reviews of QA Inspectors/Auditors in regard to the achievement of goals, objectives, and key result areas.
- Participate in the internal audit program (as required) and may assist with regulatory as well as customer audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Quality Systems & Regulatory Compliance Department management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- A high school degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience as QA Inspector/Auditor including at least 3 years in a lead position.
- A four-year college degree preferably in Food Science or related field (biology, biochemistry, microbiology etc.) with a minimum of 3 years of work experience as Quality Assurance Inspector/Auditor preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (food, beverage, dietary supplements, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, personal care), in a quality role with GMP or FDA regulated environment required.
- Good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (21 CFR Part 110, 21 CFR Part 111, 21 CFR Part 210), Good Documentation Practices, and Good Housekeeping Practices required.
- Ability to work under pressure (in an extremely fast-paced environment), meet deadlines (overtime work required) and make effective decisions.
- Ability to maintain good, positive working relationship with all personnel. Ability to work with others in a way that elicits their cooperation and support.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents (for example SOPs), information; and write routine reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel) and computer-based applications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to details.
- Strong team player and leadership with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Must be able to frequently stand and walk on the production floor.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.