JOB FILLED - Senior Analyst Food Safety Compliance
Job Summary: The Senior Analyst Food Safety Compliance analyzes data from multiple sources to help identify trends and gaps in performance with food safety in Store Operations. Works with regulatory agencies at the local, state and federal levels to ensure effective communication and partnerships exist. Manages multiple programs including ServSafe training, milkshake food safety testing and special events permits from Department of Health. Provides guidance and support to stores as needed related to food safety and regulatory compliance.
- Analyze data from the Food Safety Risk Audit (FSRA), Board of Health (BOH) Inspections, Business Readiness Audit, Pest Control vendor reports and iwaspoisoned.com reports to identify trends and escalate gaps in performance.
- Build and maintain relationships with representatives of federal, state and local regulatory and enforcement agencies to ensure effective communication and partnership/cooperation. Leverage relationships as requested from business owners across the Company to improve processes, address issues and ensure compliance. Review and respond to health department inspection reports and verify that Store Operations is driving corrective actions for regulatory non-compliance. Under the direction of the Manager of Regulatory and Compliance, ensure any updates in regulations or issues identified by a regulator are handled.
- Investigate and respond to associate health concerns. Provide guidance to Store Operations on appropriate response. Communicate with Department of Health to ensure they are involved; confirm additional steps do not need to be taken and obtain approval for associate to return to work. Escalate to Manager of Regulatory and Compliance any severe cases or concerns.
- Respond to store queries/complaints through Applix, email and Voice of the Associate. Build and manage a process for escalating customer complaints or trends to stores and support the stores in addressing the concerns. Partner with multiple departments across the Company to address issues upstream where possible.
- Administer the Servsafe food safety training program for Store Operations. Act as main point of contact for the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals for Wawa. Partner with Learning & Development to ensure classes are scheduled across all Regions and ensure a qualified trainer is scheduled to conduct the class.
- Manage the milkshake food safety testing program across the Company. Work with contracted labs to obtain and review lab results after testing. Communicate results to stores and escalate to Store Operations leadership any follow up or corrective actions. Address any performance issues with the third party labs as needed.
- Obtain regulatory compliance and approval for special public relations and community events open to the public. Work with the regulatory agency to ensure a hazards assessment plan is in place for each event and compliance to the plan happens to minimize risk.
- Partner with Facilities during water, sewer, pest or other food safety related emergencies in stores to ensure the situation is addressed; manage any regulatory involvement and develop a plan with the store to mitigate the same risk in the future. Investigate pest issues at stores as needed.
- Represent Quality Assurance and Wawa on cross functional project teams internally and externally where appropriate. Lead miscellaneous projects related to process improvement within Quality Assurance or related to Wawa’s food safety and quality standards. Act as a subject matter expert in understanding Wawa’s food safety and quality standards and the associated risks and market a positive corporate image to government officials for the Company.
- Maintain relevant food safety knowledge through collaboration and benchmarking with Quality Assurance professionals in other organizations, as well as maintaining regulatory connections through professional organizations. Review industry news and share articles relevant to Wawa with the team. Provide regulatory updates, analysis and targeted dissemination of information to relevant parties and across the QA Team.
- Travel and tour stores to provide support on FSRA and regulatory concerns and to continue to build relationships within Store Operations.
- Communicates effectively to all levels of the organization both orally and in writing.
- Relationship building and leadership skills.
- Analyzes information and effectively proposes solutions.
- Handles multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Works independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to lead, organize and plan projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conflict management skills.
- Ability to work variable hours at times.
Ability to travel to stores 25% of the time or as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or related field preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of foodservice operations and government regulations regarding food safety
- Demonstrated ability to manage data and reporting of information
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.