JOB FILLED - Quality Assurance Supervisor (2nd shift)
Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness, and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn, will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor's primary responsibility in this role is to ensure products produced are safe and within quality standards. A background in the food/dietary supplement industry is required. The ability to work in a strong team-based environment is essential. Reporting to the Factory Quality Manager, the Quality Supervisor will operate out of the Vital Proteins production facility in Franklin Park. This position fills in for QA Manager in his or her absence.
What you will be responsible for:
- Supervise Quality Assurance Lead and Technicians, ensuring assigned tasks and positions are being executed
- Be able to work with other departments in resolving food safety and or quality issues and communicate issues to QA Manager
- Train & coach QA Technicians & QA Lead
- Schedule QA technicians and monitor attendance & performance Schedule QA technicians and monitor attendance & performance
- Perform internal audits per policies
- Be able to develop all prerequisite programs and training on Quality programs
- Review Quality documents & operational processes including pre-op and sanitation daily
- Be able to educate and develop employees on Food Safety programs
- Reviewing, evaluating, releasing, and holding both raw and finished materials per reported testing results
- Providing management with written reports regarding Quality matters, education provided, problems identified, results achieved, and or recommendations regarding Quality
- Knowledgeable on Food Safety programs
- Enforcing employee personal hygiene, appearance, uniform, and cleanliness up to GMP standards
- Educating employees regarding the HACCP, GMP, NSF, and SQF programs and adherence to its guidelines and principles
- Support QA Manager on 3rd party audits
- Be able to review and approve document
- Back up for QA Lead
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Microsoft Office product suite capability including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Experience working in a GMP environment for food or supplements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are passionate about the health, fitness, and/or beauty markets
- Can lift 25-50 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.