Sanitation Supervisor-Night Shift
To respond to strong growth opportunities in the West, Vegpro International Inc., is seeking for a full time Sanitation Supervisor for the Night Shift.
Vegpro International Inc. is a Canadian leader for the innovation of its agricultural production of baby leaves, salad and vegetable, supplying customers in North America all year long under a well-known label, Fresh Attitude. Our pre-washed and ready-to-eat packaged salads are available in all major grocery chains in Canada with a strong a rapidly growing presence in the US.
We have purchased approximately 700 acres of land in Coldstream and we will build a produce packing plant of 70,000 square foot state. We intend to begin operations in BC starting in the spring/early summer of 2018.
- Plan and prioritize the tasks to be performed (daily, weekly and / or monthly) and communicate them to the team leaders
- Provide technical support to team leaders in the execution of their tasks
- Monitor the progress of the work throughout the shift, in order to meet deadlines
- Participate in daily production meetings and communicate any relevant information to his team
- Evaluate and recommend the necessary working methods, processes, and / or equipment to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of remediation operations
- Perform, in collaboration with the Quality Control Department, the pre-operational visual inspection
- Ensure effective communication between work teams and other services for any situation the applicant
- Evaluate employees and ensure the development of their skills
- Administer evaluation and performance improvement plans on a regular basis
- Create and participate in regular follow-up discussions with employees regarding their performance
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators at the individual level and for the entire team
- Mobilize all employees and maintain team spirit
- Provide advice and support to your team
- Optimize the know-how and the overcoming obstacles present on the path of the professional success of your employees
- Conduct individual coaching missions
- Complete the necessary production forms
- Ensure sound management of company policies and procedures
- Plan, approve staffing requirements and participate in recruitment
- Ensure the integration of new employees and coordinate task training
- Train new employees on safe work practices, GMP and HACCP standards
- Ensure that employees work safely and respect the established dress code and the wearing of mandatory protective equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Engineering or a college diploma in Operations and Production Management (GOP) or any other training deemed relevant
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Experience in the agri-food industry and the manufacturing sector
- Expertise in skills development
- Knowledge of operational coaching concepts and tools
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, outlook)
- Speaking English, knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- Ability to work in a cold and humid environment (3 ° C)
- Knowledge of food safety standards (HACCP, GFSI)
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety standard
We are a dynamic, innovative organization operating state of the art facilities across the country with expertise in both growing and packing conventional and organic produce. Our approach to customer service is defined in terms of exceptional business partnerships. The company has nearly 1,000 employees in Canada and in United States and is a continuously growing company with a head office located in Quebec.
The company has doubled the size of its business over the past five years with an ambitious strategy and growth plan, aims to generate double digit growth annually. Our strategy is to replicate its business model in the Northeast by expanding in British Columbia. An entry into the Western Canadian market will provide an opportunity to offer national coverage to our customers with products that meet strong local trends and responding to our customers demand for healthy, organic convenient and better for you diet.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.