Quality Control Supervisor
Vegpro International Inc. is a Canadian leader for the innovation of its agricultural production of baby leaves, salad and vegetable, supplying customers in North America all year long under a well-known label, Fresh Attitude. Our pre-washed and ready-to-eat packaged salads are available in all major grocery chains in Canada with a strong a rapidly growing presence in the US.
We have purchased approximately 700 acres of land in Coldstream and we will build a produce packing plant of 70,000 square foot state. We intend to begin operations in BC starting in the spring/early summer of 2018.
To respond to the strong growth opportunities coming our way in the West, the company is seeking an experienced and qualified Quality Control Supervisor.
- Ensure the smooth running of the activities of the quality control department according to established standards and procedures
- Provide support to team leaders in carrying out their work
- Ensuring communication and close collaboration with production for any situation
- Participate in continuous improvement projects of the QC department;
- Ensure active participation and effective collaboration with the production, engineering, procurement and logistics sectors
- Manage employees under your supervision
- Plan the work team schedule
- Plan and approve staffing requirements and participate in recruitment
- Organize the integration of new employees and participate in them
- Evaluate and ensure the development of employee skills
- Ensure the application of company policies and procedures and sound management of disciplinary measures
- Ensure the conformity of the raw material and finished product according to the specifications of the company
- Participate in the investigation of complaints related to quality
- Monitor quality gaps and their corrective and preventive actions, as appropriate
- Ensure the execution and maintenance of the program for receiving and returning products
- Maintain and update programs and procedures related to the QC department
- Monitor procedures and propose improvements
- Ensure compliance of microbiological programs
- Perform other related duties
- Baccalaureate in Food Science and Technology, Microbiology or other relevant training combined with a minimum of five (5) years in quality control including a minimum of three (3) years in Personnel Management
- Knowledge of the food and a production environment (is an important asset)
- Good knowledge of HACCP standards
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel software
- Spoken and written English, knowledge of Spanish an asset
- The incumbent will have to be flexible in his / her work schedule due to the operational realities and various shifts of the company
- Mobilizing leadership
- Good sense of organization
- Excellent judgment
- Ease of communicating with people and building good relationships
- Good analytical skills
- Operational decision making facility
- Effective management of time and priorities
- Ease of adaptation and tolerance to stress
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.