Microbiology and Quality Control Technician
To respond to strong growth opportunities in the West, Vegpro International Inc., is hiring for a full-time Microbiology and Quality Control Technician. The company has doubled the size of its business over the past five years with an ambitious strategy and growth plan, aims to generate double digit growth annually.
We have purchased approximately 700 acres of land in Coldstream and we will build a produce packing plant of 70,000 square foot state. We intend to begin operations in BC starting in the spring/early summer of 2018.
- Ensure compliance with the swab program
- Ensure compliance with the sampling program
- Provide equipment maintenance (as needed)
- Respect and ensure the respect of quality standards
- Ensuring the good quality and traceability of the finished product
- Make product reception (baby lettuce, vegetables, ingredients and return)
- Ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices
- Suggestions for improvement of work (updating of documents, idea of improvement)
- Perform other related duties
- College diploma in process and food quality technologies, laboratory techniques or any relevant training
- 1-2 years of experience in quality control (asset)
- Micro and laboratory knowledge needed
- Familiarity with the field of food, production and HACCP standards are assets
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel software
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Spanish is an asset
- Possibility of flexible schedule if necessary
- Good judgment
- Fast learner with a keen attention to detail
Vegpro International Inc. is a Canadian leader for the innovation of its agricultural production of baby leaves, salad and vegetable, supplying customers in North America all year long under a well-known label, Fresh Attitude. Our pre-washed and ready-to-eat packaged salads are available in all major grocery chains in Canada with a strong a rapidly growing presence in the US. We are a dynamic, innovative organization operating state of the art facilities across the country with expertise in both growing and packing conventional and organic produce. Our approach to customer service is defined in terms of exceptional business partnerships. The company has nearly 1,000 employees in Canada and in United States and is a continuously growing company with a head office located in Quebec.
The company’s strategy is to replicate its business model in the Northeast by expanding in British Columbia. An entry into the Western Canadian market will provide an opportunity to offer national coverage to our customers with products that meet strong local trends and responding to our customers demand for healthy, organic convenient and better for you diet.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.