Food Safety Technician
At Veg Fresh Farms, our cooperative relationships, high standards and commitments to safety & sustainability serve as the foundation for our successful partnerships. With a team comprised of many second or third generation produce professionals, we provide our customers with unparalleled service from the top down!
Veg Fresh Farms has a new opportunity for a Food Safety Technician to join our team in Corona, CA. We’re looking for a motivated individual who is ready to work in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- Maintain, update and implement National Food Safety and Quality programs.
- Develop plant specific programs and forms in conjunction with plant leadership.
- Coordinate, implement and maintain the GFSI Food Safety Standard for USDA & FDA distribution of food products.
- Manage the Supplier Approval Program and functions for all internal programs for VFF companies and ensure effectiveness of the corrective and preventative action process within the framework of the plant's SAP.
- Involvement and responsible for supplier compliance of recalls.
- Special documentation compliance for Preserved Certified Programs, s.a. Certified Growers, Organic Compliance, COR, GMO, Allergen.
- Assist in product risk assessment and risk management plan.
- Organize factory production readiness from a food safety perspective.
- Attend site leadership meetings to report and drive continuous improvement in: sanitation, food safety, quality, and preventative maintenance.
- Enforce production suspension to ensure food safety and quality continuity with advising the Food Safety Director.
- Develop & implement site specific programs, documentation, and record keeping.
- Participates in 3rd party audit preparation and supplier audits as necessary.
- Ensure environmental requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility under scope.
- Work with management, sales and customers as needed to understand and reduce supplier verification and client profiles.
- Involvement in vendor relationships to ensure food safety and raw material compliance specifications.
- Perform and maintain PCR testing and protocols.
- Involvement in labeling compliance with USDA/FDA regulations.
- Ensure complete data collection and trending on relevant programs.
- Manage the Supplier Approval Program, factory Q/A, and assists PCR technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred. Degreed in relevant field a plus. (food science, biological sciences, agricultural fields, veterinary sciences, …)
- High school graduate or equivalent required, degree or training/certification in Animal Science/Food safety/Veterinary science preferred.
- 2 years of experience with a food safety program preferred.
- Experience in a food service processing or distribution environment preferred; experience with perishables helpful.
- Experience with Food safety training, sanitation (SSOP & GMP), USDA quality troubleshooting and QA process improving skills preferred.
- Experience with a HACCP plan is preferred, formal HACCP training/certification helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- HACCP and GFSI.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.