job filled- Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Van Groningen & Sons, Inc. is a farming business that began in California in 1922 by Henry Van Groningen Sr. and was passed down through the generations. For the past 82 years, we have worked to maintain our reputation for producing high quality produce while operating with integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
We have an amazing opportunity for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join our team in Manteca, CA.
The successful candidate will provide health and safety coaching/assistance to develop managers and safety teams. Administers effective and appropriate safety awareness and incentive programs and fosters the company goal of being the industry leader in injury prevention. They will support, lead and review incident investigation reports. provide a safe environment for all employees, customers, and visitors.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 2+ years in safety and environmental management with some experience in a leadership position (preferred).
- Ability to write and speak English & Spanish.
- Familiarity with effective EHS software solutions, online portals, and clinic portals.
- Strong familiarity with Worker’s Compensation and OSHA compliance.
- Basic mathematics, statistics, and accounting skills; strong problem-solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of North American EHS regulations, Fed OSHA, and Cal/OSHA.
- Pesticide laws and regulations pertaining to county ordinances.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Proficiency using video conferencing systems online, presentation equipment, and video.
- CA driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Experience in Agriculture row crops and tree crops (preferred).
- Maintains Health and Safety and professional certifications or relevant training necessary to be abreast of trends, legislation, and best practices.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join one of the oldest and most respected companies in the Produce Industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.