QA & Food Safety Manager
Twin City Foods Inc. began as a small frozen vegetable processing company in Stanwood, WA in 1943. Twin City Foods has grown to become one of the nation’s largest independent processors of frozen vegetables. For over 60 years, Twin City Foods has been committed to growing, harvesting, processing, freezing, packaging, and distributing the highest quality quick frozen vegetable (IQF) products. By consistently exceeding expectations, we’ve become a leader in serving the need of customers both domestically and abroad. At every level, we deliver quality and value that is unmatched. We currently have a Quality & Food Safety Manager Position available in our facility in Lake Odessa, MI.
As a Twin City Foods Quality & Food Safety Manager your main purpose would be to direct and coordinate all of the Quality Control and Food Safety functions at the Lake Odessa Division to ensure consistent quality production of all products in compliance with Company and customer standards, and Federal/State regulations in a cost effective manner. Supervise QC and Microbiological staff to evaluate and certify the quality of processed and packaged product. Organize and audit product quality and food safety programs throughout entire process. Oversee complete and accurate recordkeeping of all facets of the quality program. Monitor production methods, in-process product quality, sanitation and product risk-management and safety. Investigate and respond to customer complaints as directed by Corporate QA.
Quality & Food Safety Manager should have experience in:
- Statistics, statistical process control, quality standards, production methods, microbiology, food processing and USDA grading standards.
- Mathematical, verbal and written communication skills as well as human relation skills, leadership, coaching, participative management style.
- Supervisory experience and strong management education and/or developed and demonstrated skills which include planning, organizing, goal setting, controlling, self-development, decision making and presentation skills.
*Selected employee will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and E-Verify*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises the quality grading lab and microbiological lab for all processed/packaged vegetable products to assure specifications are met within the desired levels of productivity, safety and quality desired by Twin City Foods, Inc.
- Assists in hiring and training of all plant QC personnel.
- Responsible for implementation, review and maintenance of the Quality Program.
- Reviews and maintains all QC specifications for accuracy and complete information.
- Reviews and maintains Food Safety Plans and Quality Manuals, updating documentation within required frequencies.
- Receives and reviews all quality control records. Maintains proper filing for data recall.
- Updates all grading procedures and specifications used by lab technicians.
- Maintains and calibrates lab equipment.
- Participates in audits by government, buyers and independent agencies.
- Conducts and initiates inspections of all plant areas for sanitation and safety purposes under HACCP guidelines.
- Responsible for acquiring equipment/supplies for QC and Microbiological laboratories.
- Completes requests by Corporate QA and Sales Departments in a timely fashion.
- Serves as Food Safety and HACCP Team Coordinator.
Preferred Education/Training/Certification Qualifications:
BA degree in food science or related field is desired, and experience in food processing, quality control, food safety, and microbiology. Thorough knowledge of HACCP principles, food processing GMPs, and FSMA Food Safety Plan/Preventive Controls requirements. PCQI Certification.
*Possession of a valid Michigan state driver’s license.*
Benefits of Quality & Food Safety Manager:
- Competitive wages DOE
- Excellent benefit package
- Vision Insurance
- 401K and more
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.