Quality Systems Engineer
- Conscientious and responsible.
- Takes ownership in what they do
- A keen eye for detail and a result driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- In depth understanding of Quality Control procedures and relevant legal standards
- Good problem-solving skills
- Show desire to be a continuous learner and acceptance that change will be ever present
- Ability to conduct oneself as a role model, and maintain a high level of professionalism as a representative of TVS.
- Function as the backup Quality Practitioner to both the Quality Director and Quality Manager covering regulatory compliance for both food and dietary supplements.
- Create and maintain Process Flow diagrams representing the flow of information and goods throughout the manufacturing process
- Evaluate existing Quality Systems and how they interface with other information systems. Make recommendations for improvement
- Responsible for overall document control process for the Manufacturing operations
- Participate on the Process Improvement Committee to drive increases in efficiencies and reductions in waste.
- Responsible for creation, review, and maintenance of specifications for products and processes.
- Establish specification requirements for raw material or intermediate products from suppliers and monitor their compliance
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
- Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met
- Submit detailed reports to appropriate executives
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Safety, or other closely related field of study such as chemistry, biology, microbiology, etc. or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong background in understanding of CFR 111 for Dietary Supplements.
- Understanding of the various Quality Tools used to look at processes and have the ability to lead teams to improve the processes to improve efficiencies and eliminate waste.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in organic supplements or food manufacturing
- Strong working knowledge of food safety standards such as SQF, AIB, Silliker, ISO, etc
- Strong computer skills, knowledge and application of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of food packaging and blending equipment a plus
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in any field
- Acceptable background check, negative drug test, no substantial findings on the NC Health Care Registry
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.