JOB FILLED - Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
- Responsible for reporting food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Take a proactive approach in the development and continuous improvement of plant quality performance.
- Participate in selection of best practice processes for food safety and quality systems.
- Provide and make changes to quality procedures/systems as necessary.
- Manage the QA laboratory techs.
- Manage and maintain the auditing of all quality parameters within the facility including incoming supplier specifications, production, warehousing, shipping, etc.
- Conduct mock recalls and traceability at least 2x/year.
- Conduct HACCP audits and participate on the HACCP team. Conduct HACCP meetings.
- Monitor all plant paperwork for compliance, as needed and applicable.
- Conduct product audits (cuttings).
- Conduct internal monthly GMP & Safety audits of the entire plant.
- Handle and follow-up with customer complaints. Track trends.
- Manage effective communication among all internal departments, teams, and external resources.
- Manage the HOLD/RELEASE program.
- Point of contact for all 3rd party, regulatory and customer audits.
- 3+ years previous experience with Quality Assurance in a food environment required
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance (FDA, FSMA)
- SQF certification experience, HACCP Certification, PCQI certification, a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) skills helpful
- Medical, Dental, Vision through Blue Cross Blue Shield and Cigna
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) and Safe Harbor Plan
- Life Insurance and Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays and more
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.