Sr. Manager, Sanitation
LEADERSHIP POSITION: SR. MANAGER, SANITATION (all facilities)
LOCATION: SAN JUAN BAUTISTA, CA WITH PERIODIC TRAVEL TO YUMA AZ AND SAN LUIS RIO COLORADO MEXICO DURING PEAK SEASON OR AS NEEDED
REPORTS TO: VP FOOD SAFETY & QUALITY
True Leaf is a fast paced and exciting company supported by some of the most intelligent and focused professionals in the produce industry. We have more than 1800 dedicated team members within all sister companies, who are committed in assuring we continue to supply the highest food safety quality and taste of products within the US and Mexico.
We are excited to fill new leadership role within our Food Safety leadership team.
Sr. Manager of Sanitation is responsible for the implementation of the sanitation and pest management programs for all facility locations. The position serves as the lead and technical liaison between sanitation, contracted facilities, sanitation chemical company and third-party sanitation provider (where applicable).
Critical role identifies sanitation areas of improvement and executes corrective actions to optimize sanitation efficiency and efficacy as well as food safety assurance. The right applicant will also be accountable for sanitation’s regulatory compliance program requirements, GMP standards, and other Regulatory Quality requirements. The ideal candidate must be able to lead a continuous improvement journey for plant’s (facility) sanitation programs and operational objectives with a focus on statistically based data to support delivery of best-in-class cost of sanitation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Execute FSQMS, HACCP, GMPs, GFSI Standard, and sanitation guidelines and enforcement compliance as well as employee and food safety regulatory requirements
- Partner with facility operations, maintenance, engineering, quality, employee/facility safety and Corporate Sanitation to ensure that sanitation and pest control programs, procedures and systems are effectively developed, executed, and monitored per policy requirements
- Ensure corrective and preventive actions and continuous improvement processes are utilize in manufacturing and that action plans are verified and effective
- Lead chemical and sanitation safety strategy and planning in conjunction with EHS department
- Support hygienic engineering design reviews, including but not limited to collaborating and providing direct input to Engineering Project Leads and Operational Equipment Manufacturers on review and development of equipment from blueprint to final equipment design as well as development and delivering internal sanitary design training
- Ensure sanitation and pest control expectations are consistently executed at external manufacturing and storage facilities
- Monitor, report, and review sanitation key performance Indicators (KPIs) on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement
- Lead current and future identification of sanitation required expense and capital needs with any required supporting data for justification
- Set direction to staff and operational partners to ensure that accurate communication and follow-up occurs
- Development and coaching of all supply chain leaders in regard to sanitation tools
- Required: BA in Biological Sciences / Food Quality Assurance (or equivalent experience and training)
- Preferred: MA in Food Quality Management / Food Processing Industry
- HAACP Instructors certification
- Required: 5 years supervisory experience as a Sanitation, Quality Assurance or Production Manager in the food production industry with at least 7 direct reports.
- Preferred: 10+ years supervisory experience as a Sanitation Manager in the food production industry with at least 7 direct reports.
- Knowledge and skills required to work in a fast paced and challenging environment both inside and around the facility as well as receiving and cooling yard
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required/critical
- Knowledge of the GMP, HACCP and Environmental sanitation program
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and six sigma practices and their application to sanitation program execution essential
- Experience with managing compliance expectations for third party standards or regulatory agencies such as state and federal oversight agencies and GFSI QMS schemes is required
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Knowledge of Database software, Internet software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Travel to different operational worksites (Salinas Valley, San Benito County, Imperial Valley & Yuma, Arizona)
- Strong management skills and proven leadership skills
- Skilled educator and leader with knowledge and practical skill that promotes safe equipment operation and sanitation; ability to train and develop subordinates in sanitation and food safety programs with firm and cohesive implementation on the floor
- Working around people, heavy equipment, moving forklifts, uneven grounds, and tractor trailers
- Wet floor and cold temperatures (32 degrees)
- Depending on Experience
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.