The Sanitation Supervisor must possess educational background and technical aptitude as it relates to food plant sanitation programs, chemical handling and Food Safety programs. A general knowledge of Food and environmental microbiological testing as well as preventative measures.
- Helps develop and implement strategic sanitation program, policies, plans and processes to ensure that sanitary performance meets True Leaf standards as well as supports Food Safety requirement towards regulatory compliance
- Manages annual sanitation plan, budget forecast and performance
- Manage sanitation Chemical supply and inventory
- Ensure that the plant is cleaned daily and ready to start production on time
- Maintain a safe work environment by properly implementing the IIPP (Injury Illness Prevention Programs) – Always raise safety awareness for chemical handling and equipment operation with Tag out Lock out training
- Ensure that the company food safety guidelines are implemented daily
- Maintain good communication with subordinates, peers and other members of management
- Train and set safety goals for sanitation crew
- Participate in audits, facility inspections and coordinate pre-operational inspection with QC Management
- Clearly communicate expectation to sanitation employees
- Two-year college degree in agriculture or science related field, or two years’ experience in vegetable planting, harvesting and/or processing
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to work in a fast paced and challenging environment both inside and around the facility as well as receiving and cooling yard
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- Must be able to work day and/or afternoon shifts as required by the job
- Knowledge of the GMP, HACCP and Environmental sanitation program is preferred
- Experience with third party regulatory agencies such as AIB, Silliker, Primus GFS, SQF California Department of Food and Agriculture, FDA, Davis Fresh, SAI Global Audit scheme preferred
- Must be able to relocate to our different processing areas
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.