Quality & Feed Safety Manager
This position will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring Trouw Nutrition’s Quality Control Program at the Strykersville facilities to assure that the products and production processes of the company meet or exceed quality expectations of customers and Nutreco and are compliant with legislation and/or product specifications.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Strykersville facilities Quality Control, HACCP, Nutrace and Safe Feed Safe Food.
- Maintain business essential certifications for the Strykersville facilities and ensure preparation is complete for any new requirements.
- Ensure compliance of the Strykersville facilities to all regulatory requirements as they pertain to feed safety (e.g., FDA, USDA, FSMA).
- Oversee the training of employees with regard to quality control, HACCP; federal and state agencies requirements; and other onsite programs.
- Responsible for writing, review, maintenance and training of Standard Operating Procedures for the Strykersville facility.
- Conduct audits of SOPs and monitor employee adherence to expectations at Strykesrville.
- Complete investigations for deviations and corrective actions as they relate to quality and feed safety.
- Ensure compliance with required QA functions (Nutrace) as stated in the contracted agreements (internal and external).
- Provide an atmosphere that encourages process improvement. Responsible for tracking progress and data reporting of key quality performance indicators.
- Minimum of high school education; some college preferred
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Previous quality control experience in a manufacturing environment with managerial experience preferred
- Strong math skills, including an understanding of the metric system
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills in email programs, word processing and excel applications, including charts and graphs
This position is located in Strykersville, NY (30 miles from Buffalo, NY).
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
To be considered for this position, please apply online. If you need assistance, please call 618.654.2070 and ask to speak to a member of the HR Department, or email email@example.com.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.