QA Assistant Manager
Plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance program designed to ensure quality production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Interprets quality assurance philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Decides whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on a review by the quality assurance engineer.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards, and assures adherence to these codes and standards.
- Plays an active role on quality management teams within the organization.
- Designs and implements quality assurance training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Supervises the regulatory and external audits of the facility.
- Responsible for the recall program for the facility.
- Maintains kosher certification of all products produced in the facility.
- Develops and maintains the facility Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) program.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
4 year degree in food related field, and 4 years supervisory experience in a food production/quality assurance environment. Experience in the Seafood Industry preferred.
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be HACCP certified.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Affirmative Action: Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.