Senior Food Scientist
Senior Food Scientist
Do you dream of working for a CREATIVE and FUN company where your passion for food and beverage product development and innovation can shine? A company where your technical expertise, creativity and management skills impact not just R&D, but our cross functional teams and our external partners? Dream no more….
We are looking for a Senior Food Scientist who THRIVES on the excitement of innovating natural products and contributing to project teams that are re-shaping the product portfolio.
YOU are an experienced and passionate product developer with a portfolio of successful launches. You thrive on working in a collaborative and varied product development environment, taking new product ideas from concept to commercialization. You get especially excited about testing innovative ingredient and processing solutions to create delicious, natural, on-trend beverages and foods.
You’re the type of person who can move easily from working on the R+D bench to conducting a strategic review of a product line at a team meeting. You know the “recipe” to bring the right individuals together and motivate them to achieve great results. Your “can do” attitude, relationship-building talent, and engaging communication skills make you an effective partner and project manager.
Look out a year from now: You’re being recognized at our annual meeting as one of our most innovative contributors. You’ve lead and developed an “out-of-the-box” formulation for a new product line that exceeded expectations. Or you helped win an industry innovation award for a product that completely wowed our customers. You’re one of our product innovation heros!
SUCCESS FACTORS (FIRST 12-18 MONTHS)
New Products and Line Transformations: One to two new innovative product lines are developed and commercialized at target cost, on time and on “deliciousness”. You’ve delivered amazing, customer-preferred, easy-to-use flavor with simple, natural ingredients.
Collaboration: Strong relationships are in place across the organization and with external partners, as demonstrated by the successful, smooth launch of new products and integrated ways of working with partner functions.
Project Management: Your project management excellence is evident through leadership and fulfillment of your product plans and timelines. You are a go-to product development expert on other company project teams. You’re leading a cross-functional product project team to success.
Expertise: Has brought synergistic technical expertise to enhance our capabilities, and has helped us deliver the more natural, simple profiles that have expanded our product portfolio and grown our new product business.
Has a little fun along the way!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in food science or related discipline
- At least 8 years of relevant, progressive experience in food or beverage product development
- Experience in developing thermally processed (preferably fluid) products
- Successfully developed consumer-preferred, delicious products with no artificial ingredients
- Experience developing products from concept to commercialization, including:
- Writing and documenting formulas and specifications
- Calculating costs
- Conducting plant trials
- Positive collaboration with internal and external manufacturing partners
- Designed and implemented testing protocols for sensory and shelf life studies
- Experience in representing Product Innovation on cross-functional project teams
- Practiced with working in product data management systems (eg Oracle PLM, SAP, similar) (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects well
- Live in SF Bay Area or willing to relocate at own expense
- Eligible to work in US without sponsorship (now & in the future)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.