Food Safety Quality Control Tech
Title: Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technician Level I
Reports To: Food Safety & Quality Assurance Supervisor
Job Overview: The primary role and focus for the QC Technician is to support operations and quality by assisting in data collection, analysis, documenting QA activities, communication, and guidance to ensure compliance with all company, customer, regulatory, and BRC requirements. The successful FSQA tech will have a scientific base of knowledge, friendly character, and the ability to communicate effectively with all company levels.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Follow all company safety rules and procedures.
Monitor GMPs in production and warehouse for compliance and record on the approved form.
Perform Test & Measuring Equipment (scale, thermometer, moisture analyzer, etc.) calibrations and project assignments in a timely, safe, and professional matter, report results and issues to FSQA Supervisor.
Conduct incoming raw material inspection, verify and file COAs for incoming material and other receiving documents. Inspect incoming raw materials in accordance with quality control procedures
- Inspect finished products and processing parameters to ensure compliance with customer's specifications and manufacturing instructions. Generate COAs as needed and send them to the customer in a timely manner.
Conduct the finished product label verification.
- Notify production personnel of deviations in product quality. Place product on hold when necessary.
Conduct pre-operational inspection and collect samples for environmental monitoring, including but not limited to air, water, drains, and equipment surface.
Verify Preventive Control Points daily and ensure Food Safety daily checks are performed.
Coordinate, schedule, and perform pizza bake-off on a weekly basis and conduct texture analysis when required. Measure, collect and enter data into a spreadsheet for trending.
- Maintain appropriate records of tests, inspection results, and observations
- Maintain accurate records of QA hold products, retention sampling, foreign material incidents, non-conforming products, customer complaints, pre-op swabbing results.
Notify FSQA Manager/Supervisor, Coordinator/Supervisor, and Assistant Plant Manager of unusual product observation to assure potential quality issues identified, reviewed, and resolved before releasing the product.
Other duties as assigned by FSQA Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- For business and safety reasons, one must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English.
- 1 year of food manufacturing experience and at least 1 year of Quality Assurance experience preferred.
Ability to communicate with all line-level positions and management
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Pay and Benefits
- Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Referral program, Retirement plan, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.