Sanitation Technician - 2nd shift
Tennessee Cheesecake is a family-owned frozen dessert manufacturer located in Lebanon, TN (we are not affiliated with The Cheesecake Factory). We make high-quality desserts for the foodservice and restaurant industry. We are looking to add members to our small sanitation team who will thrive in a hard-working, small-business, team-oriented culture. Previous sanitation experience preferred. Read more about our company here.
Reporting to the Sanitation Supervisor, the Sanitation Technician is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the processing areas, processing equipment, conveyors, and facility surfaces (walls, ceilings, fixtures, etc) by following written Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs). The sanitation technician will also be expected to help set up for the next day's shift.
This is a second-shift position, starting at 4 p.m. and ending at 12:30 a.m. Overtime may be required when needed, especially during peak season (approximately October-December) and other high-volume time periods. Number of days worked each week will vary depending on the company's production schedule, and can be anything from 3 days a week to 6 days a week (including Saturdays). Average days worked throughout the year anticipated to be 4-5 days a week.
The position requires an employee to perform essential functions of the job, including but not limited to the following duties:
Follow written cleaning procedures and perform thorough cleaning / sanitation of:
- Processing rooms (floors, walls, conveyors, shelves, carts, mixers and other equipment/food handling surfaces)
- Processing equipment (slicers, presses, depositors, transfer pumps, mixers, etc)
- Dishwashing area (industrial dishwashers, sinks, and other related dish equipment)
Perform dishwashing duties, if needed, including:
- Operating industrial dishwashing machines, manually washing smallwares, pans, etc.
- Hand wash small wares, machine parts, and other items.
- Return all clean equipment and dishes to proper storage area and maintain organization and sanitation.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and hygiene practices.
- Follow all personnel safety procedures.
- Participate in training programs.
- Safely use and dispose of cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
The position requires that an employee be capable of the following:
- Meet the schedule requirements (see above).
- Possess a strong attention to detail, with a desire to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Must be able to work and stay on task, with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to understand and follow all facility food safety and personnel safety rules.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand instructions, warnings, labels and postings in English effectively.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as machine operation, etc) most of the work day.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment most of the work day, which involves, but is not limited to: food debris, odors, constant equipment noise, temperature extremes, wet areas / water, or similar elements.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, reach, lift, carry, pull, push, grasp, stoop, squat, bend and stretch as needed throughout the shift.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks -- primarily manual tasks -- in a standing position for the entire shift.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background, and criminal checks).
The Ideal Candidate Would Possess:
- Ability to take 100% responsibility; no blaming
- A positive, see-the-glass-as-half-full attitude
- Find satisfaction with getting to repeat and perfect tasks
- Be hard-working and drama-free
- Emotional self control, doesn't allow emotions to dictate responses
- Resolves conflict directly; does not gossip
- Be humble, curious, and willing to learn
- Be responsible, self-driven, and a clear communicator
- Team player, commits to team decisions
- Respects others, even when there are disagreements
- Be able to learn and follow our rules and procedures
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $15 per hour to start
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- Holidays off (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.)
- Paid Time Off program
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.