Teeny Foods is a frozen food manufacturer located on the outskirts of Portland, Oregon, near the city of Gresham. We have been a family owned and operated producer of a variety of baked, frozen handheld entrees for over 54 years. We have experienced double digit growth for the past several years through innovation, automation and utilizing today’s leading technology in the food manufacturing industry. We currently bake, package and store all our frozen products on site. We are looking for stellar new employees who are committed to joining our team and working in a steady, fast-paced environment. You can learn more about Teeny Foods at www.teenyfoods.com
What We offer:
- Competitive Wages
- 401K plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- A variety of other benefits
If this sounds like a good fit, we would love to meet you!
Selected candidates will have employment eligibility verified through the E-Verify program as well as be required to pass a Drug screen and a criminal background investigation.
Applicants should submit a Resume and Cover Letter detailing how they meet the specific job requirements, including highlighting previous sanitation experience in a manufacturing plant (preferably food production).
Pay Rate: $14.50 - $15.00 PH at time of hire (DOE). Pay increase following successful completion of training period.
Hours: Night shift (9:00 pm – 5:00 pm) or Swing shift (1:00 pm - 9:00 pm).
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits will be offered after 90 days of full-time employment. Paid Time Off (PTO) will be front loaded on 91st day of employment. Holiday pay, profit sharing and 401K plan (with up to 4% employer matching contributions) will be available to candidate selected following completion of one year of continuous full-time employment.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the plant to ensure sanitary conditions at all times. Cleaning duties include sweeping, shoveling, and wiping down equipment and panels.
- Moving and dismantling equipment to ensure proper cleaning and sanitization.
- Using a pressure washer.
- Performing weekend deep cleaning on all equipment in the plant
- Strictly adhering and following all Sanitary Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP).
- Experience operating a pressure washer is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly during shift.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Weekend work performing deep clean of plant is mandatory requirement.
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Ability to work in both hot and cold environments.
- Must be able to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Ability to accurately record data and maintain sanitation checklists.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to report to work on time for scheduled shifts.
- Be a team player willing to perform additional duties as required.
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
Location: Portland, OR
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.