Quality Assurance Manager
This position is responsible for implementing, and monitoring compliance to specifications and requirements relative to HACCP, SSOP, Food Safety and Quality Management Programs.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicate with all levels of management within the company.
- Utilize the information to make product and process improvements.
- Assure plant adherence to policies and procedures detailed in the company product specifications compliance, HACCP, and SSOP programs.
- Coordinate, train, direct and evaluate performance of plant QA and HACCP personnel.
- Management of direct reports including hiring, training, and performance evaluations.
- Track and maintain records for trend analysis of the plant HACCP, Quality Management, and food safety programs.
- Coordinate and manage communication with plant management and local USDA IIC on regulatory issues.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
- Complete familiarity with and demonstrated implementation of recall procedures, policy writing, and auditing programs.
- Formulates procedures to provide standardization of testing applications; reviews, rewrites and keeps current all laboratory policies and procedures in accordance with regulations to conform with quality assurance requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- In the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager, the Plant Manager or QA Leaders, will take on all quality and food safety related duties conducted by the QA Manager
Education and/or Experience
- Degree in Microbiology or related field.
- Minimum 3 years Quality Assurance management in Food Processing Facility.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.