JOB FILLED - Quality Assurance Manager
Taher, Inc. is a family owned and operated, chef-driven, food service management company providing K-12 school lunch management, campus dining, senior dining, corporate dining and catering, , and vending and office beverage services to clients in our growing nationwide footprint. Taher, Inc. maintains a consistent presence in Food Service Management’s Top 25 companies.
We are seeking a qualified Quality Assurance Manger to join their team. This individual would be overseeing two locations within the Twin Cities: a commercial bakery and a USDA fresh food kitchen. They will work directly with the Operations Managers of both locations, as well as work closely with the Chefs, food scientists and all other production team members involved.
We are looking for someone to help maintain and improve our food safety standards. This includes providing leadership among staff in food safety training and best practices, as well as following regulatory standards in compliance of food manufacturing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The analysis of new and modified regulations, directives and notices with respect to food processing
- Provide clear leadership and communication on routine reporting and updates on food safety
- Collect and analyze data to improve product specifications and create certificates of analysis
- Perform internal audits, identify root causes and corrective actions, and verify completion of corrective actions
- Host customer and third party audits (FDA, SQF, AIB, Kosher, etc.) and ensure identified corrective actions are executed
- Document customer complaints and respond with appropriate conclusions based on relevant data
- Responsible for maintaining accurate audit and safety documentation, manuals, and required team trainings
10205 - 51st Ave N, Plymouth, Minnesota 55442
Qualifications and Skills:
- SQF Practitioner Preferred
- BS in Food Microbiology, Food Science, Environmental Health or the equivalent experience in the field
- Experience and solid understanding of FSMA required
- Knowledge of sanitation, food safety and or pest management experience
- Knowledge of HACCP standards
- Knowledge of allergens
- Ability to travel
- In depth knowledge of sanitation and how it relates to food safety and pest management issues
- Computer skills, such as Databases, Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Proven effective leadership, communication and motivational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements
M-F Day Shift
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.