Laboratory Technician 1
Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Livonia Distribution Center, a 400,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking a Laboratory Tech I to join the Food Safety and Quality team. In this role you will provide Microbiology Program and Post-Harvest testing services to all United States and Canadian operations.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Food Science (biology, chemistry etc.), agriculture or another related field is required
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ of Microbiology, Food Science or Agricultural experience in an analytical laboratory or foods manufacturing/distribution environment is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of general laboratory best practices, highly proficient in ability to document and work within GLPs, SOPs, GMPs, HACCP, SSOPs & ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Must possess excellent Laboratory and Pipetting skills
- Proven ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time-management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction, and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts
- Demonstrate strong laboratory skills including design of experiments, running experiments, gathering data and developing conclusions and insights
- Technical skills, including computer proficiency and data management
- Spanish an asset, but not a requirement
- Valid driver’s license must be maintained for occasional travel to distribution centers
- Complete a background and drug test screening
This is a tremendous to take your career to the next level with a well known leader in the Produce Industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.