- Inspect and prepare cleaning machinery for operation at the start of shift.
- Operate foamer and power washer to clean facilities.
- Use cleaning agents to disinfect floors, walls, production machinery and work areas.
- Use broom, mops, shovel, water hoses, waste cans, dolly, fork lift or pallet jacks.
- Disassembles and reassembles machinery.
- Remove and discard trash and inedible waste, dispose of waste in proper bins.
- Clean and disinfect floors and drainage systems.
- Wash trash bins, racks, carts, floor mats and other equipment.
- Clean equipment manually by removing parts to scrub debris from surfaces.
- Applying mineral oil and grease to prevent rust and to maintain equipment.
- Restore production machinery to original location and in proper working order for morning shift.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Report problems with equipment to Supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge and adherence to Safety policies and HACCP rules and regulations.
- Minimal of 1 year sanitation experience with basic understanding of sanitation processes and related equipment
- General understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment
- Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot, and solve problems
- Ability to run sanitation equipment
- Ability to read, comprehend, and communicate safety labels on chemical containers
- Must be able to work overtime as needed with little or no advance notice
- Ability to work all weekends, 12 hours per day
- Forklift and pallet jack experience a plus
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.