Food Safety and Quality Specialist
The Food Safety and Quality Specialist is responsible for administering, developing and implementing the food safety and quality compliance program in accordance with FDA, Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) food safety/security standards, Stonewall Kitchen (SWK) pre-requisites and State regulations and requirements.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the evaluation of documentation for all incoming new raw ingredients and primary packaging materials to determine acceptability based on the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, approved SWK company Vendor Compliance specifications, GFSI standards and HACCP/Preventive Controls.
- Communicating out to vendors on a yearly basis for updated specifications.
- Create, maintain, and monitor progress of the Supply Chain Raw Material Data Sheet (RMDS) files as completed by the Operations Team Members (R&D and Purchasing)
- Update and maintain Approved vendor database and conduct annual evaluation
- Investigate Material Reject Form (MRF) internally and with vendors
- Review and document each vendor and ingredient for regulatory compliance
- Assist in conducting SWK internal RMDS KPI update meeting with Operations and R&D
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 2-year degree in food technology, culinary, food processing, food manufacturing, quality or equivalent certification or experience.
- Experience preferred in Quality Assurance or Food Safety and Regulatory compliance in a food manufacturing environment with knowledge of FDA, 3rd party and State regulations and requirements.
- GFSI Certification preferred (SQF, BRC, ISO)
- Needs to be extremely proficient with MS Office and specifically Excel and analytical skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Exemplary written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- The ability to embrace change, work in a team environment and can-do attitude a must
- Must be able to work independently.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.