Food Safety and Compliance Support Specialist
The Mathisons are a close-knit family with a farming story that goes back 100 years and six
They’ve proudly owned and operated Stemilt Growers in Wenatchee, WA since 1964. Stemilt grows, packs, and markets World Famous apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, apricots, and organic fruits. It’s even home to special fruit varieties like Rave® apples and Skylar Rae® cherries.
We are currently accepting resumes to join our Chinchiolo Stemilt facility in Stockton as a Food Safety and Compliance Support Specialist.
The objective of this position is to support the compliance needs of Chinchiolo Stemilt. Work is performed both indoors and, in the field, depending on the season. No special certificate or license is required. This position may be evaluated a minimum of 1 time per year by the Operations Manager.
- Monitor CSC orchards record books and work with managers & growers on a scheduled basis
- Schedule internal audits for growers with CSC staff
- Schedule and execute labor contractors’ meetings, monitor labor contractors’ documents and maintain an Approved Labor Contractors List
- Assist growers with internal audits, 3rd party audits and corrective actions
- Communicate with Operations Manager potential compliance issues
- Basic HACCP
- Implementing SQF
- Internal Auditing
- Advanced Practitioner
- Flexibility of work schedule
- Ability to communicate and work well with other employees & growers
- Dependable and reliable to work un-supervised
- Detail Oriented
- Good computer skills
- Clean and valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED required
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.