Bilingual Safety Generalist
The basic objective of this position is to instruct and certify employees to safely operate powered industrial mobile equipment, including, but not limited to forklifts, elevated platform lifts, sweepers and scrubbers; to instruct in and audit compliance to OSHA / WISHA regulatory requirements including but not limited to Lock-out Tag-out, Hazard Communication, Confined Space, Emergency Evacuation, to conduct routine facility inspections and accident investigations and promote and monitor compliance with Stemilt Growers safety rules and regulations.
- Prepare materials and conduct regulatory training sessions, including, but not limited to certified industrial equipment operations, post-accident re-training, and other WISHA regulatory sessions as required
- Serve as an accident investigation team member, investigating and providing reports on accidents involving powered industrial equipment and investigating other accidents as required.
- Re-train all drivers involved in an accident/incident or safety violation.
- Monitor compliance with and enforce Stemilt Growers and WISHA / OSHA safety rules.
- Meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as regulated by State and Federal agencies, and all Stemilt Growers’ policies and procedures.
- Lead by example as an advocate of the Stemilt rules, policies and programs.
- Provides new employee Safety Orientation as required.
- Ability to conduct and record safety facility inspections
- Monitor inventories and order training materials, as needed
- Create and maintain routine reports
- Enter data and file documents
- Record meeting minutes, type, edit and proofread documents
- This position can encompass other than the specified duties listed above. If necessary, alternative duties can be assigned at the discretion of the Manager.
- Demonstrate respect to all employees.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus but not necessary.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety compliance.
- Must be dependable.
- Have one to two years prior warehouse experience.
- Must be organized.
- Must be able to work in cross functional teams.
- Administrative skills required.
- High-school diploma or GED.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Prior instructor / presentation skills and experience required.
- Knowledge of OSHA and WISHA Workplace Safety and Health rules and regulations.
- Skilled in verbal, written and interactive communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and apply concepts of basic math, including algebra and geometry.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, perform detailed functions and make informed decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, working various shifts and in various locations to meet the health and safety needs of the company.
Competitive compensation package and great benefit program. EOE AA.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.