QA & Food Safety Specialist
Stash Tea Company is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic QA & Food Safety Specialist. This position helps ensure that all duties within the QA lab are accomplished. Works with other functions to ensure all regulatory matters are addressed, certification based duties are met, and to ensure that the company remains compliant with its obligations as an all-natural tea company.
Duties of Position
- Assist in improving, developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective QA program at Stash Tea Company, to include comprehensive GMP program: Chemical Control Program, Allergen Control, Kosher, Operational Methods and Personnel Practices, Cleaning and sanitation practices, preventive Maintenance and Repair, etc.
- Auditing teabags and bulk teas (finished products from Pomona and Tigard plants)
- Sampling of raw materials and finished goods
- Assist in maintaining Lab Supplies
- Setting up and participating in sensory testing
- QA analysis: bulk density, particle size and water activity (raw materials and blends)
- Data entry, filing, and sample retention and organization
- Sending samples to our Pomona plant weekly
- Assist in preparing samples for sales department and shows
- Checking sanitation concentration (spray bottles on receipt)
- Checking refrigerator and freezer temps daily at the plant
- Maintaining lab equipment (scale, magnet and WA calibration, etc.)
- Oversees Environmental Monitoring Program
- Maintaining retained (control) samples of ingredients and blends
- Participate in sensory testing
- Approval of Blends and Finished Goods (includes data interpretation, hold/release decisions).
- Assists in decision making when product quality and food safety issues are encountered. As necessary, helps determine the need for and assist in product recalls
- Internal document control including developing, improving, and maintaining QA SOPs, production SOPs, raw material/finished good Specifications and all quality QA and recall-ready documents.
- Responsible for international regulatory documents and customer documents as needed for orders
- Inventory management including; short dated and expired products, scrap requests, returns and donations
- Working together with Stash Tea Pomona QA personnel in regard to GMP and GMP improvement
- Oversee Integrated Pest control (IPM) program at the Tigard facility
- Work with Purchasing Department in reviewing vendors performance pertinent to food safety and quality
- Investigate and help resolve blending and packaging problems (process improvements)
- Lead in maintaining Non-GMO certification
- Assists in audits/inspections (Kosher, Organic, AIB, etc.)
- Assists with QA related customer complaints
- Is the designated backup SQF Practitioner and PCQI
- Assists in label proofing and is primarily responsible for internal label review
- Other tasks as assigned
Education/Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Biology, Food Science, etc., or related field. Two years of experience in quality control for food consumption products.
How to Apply
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin (or association with), age, disability, genetic information, or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, hold a strong interest in this position, own a commitment to customer service and want to work within a growing and progressive-minded company, we would like to hear from you!
Stash Tea offers an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our company’s benefits, employment practices, or for other information about Stash Tea, please see Careers. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person. No phone calls, please.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.