QA Compliance Specialist
Under the direction of the Asst. Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for managing process control document changes and SOP updates, corrective actions, nonconformance reports, training and proficiency, and various quality documents.
Duties of Position
- Perform all aspects of the document control and distribution of controlled documents.
- Update company-wide standard operating procedures with input from procedure owners.
- Update and maintain document control SOPs, ensuring that all documents pertaining to job duties remain current and up to date.
- Perform monthly audits of documents, training, and competency. Alert management when documents are out of date.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure regulatory and quality compliance to raw material and finished goods. These responsibilities include performing searches of regulatory databases and regulatory reporting for compliance.
- Maintenance of documentation and submissions and all regulatory communications from regulatory agencies.
- Experience with USA, Canada, Mexico, EU regulations etc and conduct gap assessment.
- Collaborate closely with Quality Assurance to support compliance oversight and assist with updating SOPs and other documents as necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of the developments and changes to applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and industry standards (including food processing & labeling standards); obtain and distribute updated information.
- Interpret regulatory rules or rule changes and ensure that they are communicated through company procedures, training and communication with stakeholders.
- Identifying, researching and gathering relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Analyzing and evaluating data, procedures, interrelated processes and other information.
- Formulating summary of research to QA department and other teams.
- Prepares compliance auditing and monitoring reports in accordance with the Compliance Program. Provides training and education to staff regarding the integration of compliance regulatory standards with programs and operations.
- Assist with technical review of data or reports that will be incorporated into regulatory submissions to assure scientific accuracy, consistency, and clearness.
- Assist marketing department with review of product promotional materials, labeling, specification sheets, or test methods for compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of technical/scientific principles related to food manufacturing and related standards.
- Effective technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Creates and defines quality procedures to be used in the manufacturing process and determines which training will be most applicable.
- Participates in sensory testing and testing/tasting of products produced.
- Identifies relevant quality training needs and delivers/orchestrates training.
- Maintains positive relations with all customers, partners, vendors and distributors and address any concerns brought about in a timely manner.
- Inclined to continuous improvement, drives results and assists in problem solving/root cause investigations of quality and food safety related production problems;
- Foster and promote safe working environment for self and others.
- Performs other QA functions as assigned by QA Manager.
Education/Training & Experience
- Bachelors in Food Science or directly related field.
- Five (5) years of proven and relevant work experience in a similar role, preferably in a food manufacturing setting.
- Extensive experience with FDA, AIB, HACCP , HARPC, SQF
- Proficient with MS Office.
- X-3 Software preferred.
Yamamotoyama, U.S.A./Stash Tea Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Yamamotoyama U.S.A./Stash Tea Company does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin (or association with), age, disability, genetic information, or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.