Quality & Safety Manager
- Responsible for the effective supervision and performance of the quality assurance program which include: customer quality interface, empty container, filled container complaints, and technical specifications
- Establishes and maintains plant quality assurance and safety standards, procedures, methods, facility, and equipment use within corporate and government guidelines
- Establishes and maintains a customer relations program in plant matters relating to container quality
- Analyzes quality and areas, including: quality/safety goals, quality/safety problems, machine capability of complying with product specifications, defective materials , claims, and customer problems. Conveys result analysis to plant management and manufacturing departments in a concise and timely manner
- Establishes and maintains safe and healthy working conditions and environment. Enforces safety rules and regulations designed to create and maintain safe working habits to reduce frequency and/or seriousness of industrial accidents
- Provide leadership and direction for food safety quality programs. Ensure compliance with food safety standards (SQF Code) throughout manufacturing facility
- Responsible for quality and safety training of production personnel
- Practices effective communication skills to build a “teamwork” approach within departments
- College Diploma in related field
- CQT designation and OSHA certified OR equivalent experience in a Quality and Safety Manager role
- 5-7 years of related industry experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of OSHA, HACCP, SQF, and GMP regulations
- Above-average communicator and ability to work well in a team environment
- Fluency in English is a must
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
- Persistent attitude for Quality
Applicants are encouraged to apply online or to apply in person at our facility on 801 Mangrum Street, Brenham, TX!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.