JOB FILLED - HACCP and Food Safety Coordinator
Summary: Maintains and updates the HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) Programs and all relative food safety issues for Stampede Meat, Inc.at multiple facilities. This will need to be done by performing the following duties independently and/or with assistance and direction from supervisors. This will also involve working with Technical Service Manager and QA Manager on label approvals and customer complaints, respectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs daily food safety procedures while assisting in overseeing the HACCP and SDS programs.
- Assists with handling food safety issues at our various meat-processing facilities.
- Works with outside suppliers to assure the quality of wholesome and safe products.
- Develops an understanding and knowledge of the U.S.D.A regulations as they apply to the meat industry and HACCP.
- Maintains food safety files and records.
- Completes sign-off for Daily Pre-shipments.
- Works with Food Safety Team and VP of Food Safety and QA on all of the various regulatory, GFSI and customer audits that are needed at Bridgeview, Oak Lawn, Bedford and Sunland Park.
- Completes preparatory work that is needed prior to BRC, Silliker and Customer audits
- Keeps up the Supplier Approval program documents for Meat, Ingredient and Packaging Suppliers.
- Works on new Supplier Approval as needed.
- Conducts quarterly testing for our Neogene allergen verification at multiple facilities, including: Bridgeview, Oak Lawn, Bedford Park and Sunland Park
- Supports submittal of SARFs for environmental testing at Bridgeview, Oak Lawn, Bedford Park and Sunland Park, along with other micro testing which may be needed.
- Testing of ChemStation chemicals received at Bridgeview and Bedford Park as needed.
- BRC Internal Audits
- Assists with SPIKE tracking of raw materials and entry in the SPIKE Tracking Report
- Assists with mock recalls for all facilities.
- Assists with temperature validations of outgoing deliveries to customers (temp trace).
- Works with QA on verifying Pre-Requisite paperwork for Pre-shipment review (this alone can take a couple of hours a day).
- Spends time on the production floor reviewing operations (outside of monthly audits) to look for opportunities and to continuously improve.
- SOP review and generation for all four facilities.
- Assists with maintaining allergen product lists.
- Learns what is necessary for label approval and potentially learn label approval system to assist Technical Services Manager.
- Assists VP of Food Safety and Quality Assurance with gathering information as needed per customer request and/or complaints.
- Communicates with customers, looks into and resolves customer complaints and/or requested information.
- Works with production employees in refrigerated areas.
Indirectly helps supervise employees for the Food Safety and QA Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance is required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or applicable work experience; At least two years related experience with a focus on food service and or meat science.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and related information. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to supervisors, management and/or top management.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. The ability to be organized and maintain programs and documents in an organized fashion which can be retrieved quickly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Must have excellent communication skills and customer service skills. Bilingual (Spanish or English) is a plus. Must be able to work well with others and teach and explain as it relates to food safety. Clear understanding of U.S.D.A. regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. Position requires use of keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.