HACCP/Food Safety Manager
The HACCP Food Safety Manager manages the Food Safety Program according to Stampede Meat's policies and procedures and federal/state requirements. Provides leadership, support and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, food safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met. These duties are performed personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs daily food safety procedures while overseeing the HACCP program
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the HACCP plans and programs
- Handles all food safety issues at multiple meat processing facilities
- Works with outside suppliers to assure the quality of wholesome and safe products
- Performs daily food safety procedures required to support the HACCP program
- Conducts audits at the facility and for external supplier's audits if needed
- Provides technical training to management and employees
- Develops and updates food safety manuals
- Conducts HACCP training of Team members in the facility along with other applicable Food Safety related training
- Works daily with the USDA Inspectors
- Maintain Stampede Approved Supplier database program for all receiving of Meat, Ingredients and Packaging
- Develops SOP's as needed for new programs or changes to existing programs
- Helps conduct Validations of the CCP's and intervention systems at the facilities
- Maintain Environmental programs for both the Raw and Cook facilities
- Implements corrective actions for Food Safety deficiencies as needed
- Maintains food safety files and records
- Keeps the Returned goods and Hold logs
- Helps monitor our Pest Control contracted company's weekly and monthly service reports and open conditions
- Builds upon understanding and knowledge of the U.S.D.A. regulations in regards to the meat industry and HACCP
- Maintains foreign object investigation log
Directly supervises employees in the Food Safety Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance is required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in meat science, microbiology, biology, or related from four-year college or university; At least two years' experience with a focus on HACCP/Food Safety in food manufacturing, preferably in meat.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be HACCP certified.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must have excellent communication skills and customer service skills. Bilingual Spanish or Polish is a plus. Must be able to work well with others and teach and explain as it relates to food safety. Clear understanding of U.S.D.A. regulations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. Position requires use of keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Benefits - the Basics
- 4 low-cost health insurance plans, with money back every week for points earned in the company wellness program
- 2 dental insurance plans
- Vision plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance plan at no cost to employee
- Short-term disability option
About the Company
Stampede produces and sells value-added (seasoned and prepared), portion-controlled beef, pork, poultry and protein products. Our product line includes the following: steaks, pork, specialty, ground and cooked products.
Stampede Meat, Inc. operates three U.S.D.A.-inspected food-processing facilities in the Chicagoland area and one in New Mexico.
Stampede is a team-oriented organization driven by its five Core Values:
Challenge Directly and Respectfully
Learn more at stampedemeat.com
Stampede achieved the Illinois Manufacturers' Association's Healthy Manufacturer for Infectious Disease Prevention Certification for all three Illinois processing facilities, attesting to our ongoing commitment to protect our team members through the pandemic with a comprehensive program.
Stampede Meat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.