Sr Manager of Co-Manufacturing Food Safety & Quality
What if you could apply your passion Food Safety and Quality Assurance across a diverse portfolio of brands, including a variety of temperature states? Do you thrive in solving complex challenges when it comes to Food Safety and Quality Assurance among a matrixed system of co-manufacturers? Are you able and willing to get your hands dirty, continuously improve yourself, others, and process? Do you love to taste real delicious food to gauge texture, flavor, appearance, and smell of product? Have you built strong collaborations between different functions to drive business results?
Sovos Brands has a position for you in Montclair NJ, Austin TX or Bellvue CO to do that and much more. We are looking for a Senior Manager of Co-Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Assurance. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Define Quality and Food Safety Expectations for Co-Manufacturers of new and existing items.
- Assure all facilities are issued a Co-Pack Quality Assurance Manual and that they are routinely updated.
- Follow Approval Process for Co-Manufacturer qualification.
- Develop Quality Plans for Co-Manufactures to establish and track progress on continuous improvement opportunities and business product initiatives
- Conduct audits at co-manufacturers at a minimum of once every two years.
- Ensure co-manufacturers are routinely visited and follow the guidelines set forth by our contracts.
- Conduct monthly product reviews to monitor co-manufacturer product adherence to specifications and production consistency
- Implement programs to drive consumer complaint reduction and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Assist R&D in the development of specifications (process control points, finished goods, packaging and ingredients).
- Support Co-Manufacturers in obtaining GFSI compliance.
- Support the Co-pack Operations Group with new business development, contract review, evaluation of new co-packer capabilities and the procurement of finished goods.
- Manage new plant, product or packaging production start-ups and commissionings.
- Where required, develop critical environmental monitoring programs at Co-Manufactures to reduce the risk of pathogenic contamination.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in Food Safety & Quality in manufacturing environments.
- HACCP and PCQI Certified.
- Experience with FDA, USDA and international Quality System rules and regulations, including planning and implementation, is very important.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Sovos Brands is a food company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a-kind brands. We’re dedicated to bringing today's consumers delicious food for joyful living. We invest in brands that have exciting growth potential, combining industry expertise with fresh thinking to bring our products into more homes across America.
The brands in our portfolio include Rao's Homemade, a producer of super premium pasta sauces and other Italian specialty foods; noosa yoghurt, a producer of premium yoghurt made with whole milk and wildflower North American honey; and Michael Angelo's, a leading producer of premium, authentic frozen Italian entrées.
Sovos has the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world's largest private equity firms.
We offer attractive compensation packages based upon background and experience. Package includes base salary, incentive bonus, medical benefits, 401K, and PTO. We maintain a drug and alcohol free workplace. All candidates offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify. Sovos Brands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.