Assistant to Quality Control & Food Safety Manager
The selected individual will work closely with the Quality Control & Food Safety Manager on a daily basis to ensure all aspects of Food Safety are being managed, staffed and organized. This is a hands-on position providing assistance and support on the production floor.
The Food Safety Assistant will also work closely with our Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager, Maintenance staff, and the production floor personnel to consistently ensure safe and efficient production requirements are met.
This full-time position requires flexibility dependent upon demand, shift needs, product sales, and seasonality. The ideal candidate will display professional discipline, leadership, and the ability to foster teamwork in a fast-pace environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, hands-on individual looking to support and grow within a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Aid in all HACCP/USDA/SQF Food Safety Guidelines in production
- Assist in all proper documentation of HACCP plan
- Assist in creating standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operations with respect to HACCP/USDA/SQF guidelines
- Assist in all direct observation quality trainings
- Assist in all quality-control tasks
- Assist quality team with any additional support
- HACCP certification
- 1-3 years experience in food safety
- Competent in all required HACCP documentation in current role
- Spanish speaking/proficiency in Spanish a plus
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.