R&D Food Scientist
Nacho Average Food Scientist
Here’s the dealio. Most trained food scientists spent four years learning how to add chemicals to food to make it last longer than styrofoam. We’re looking for someone who has the scientific chops and the professional credentials of a food scientist, yet is also the black sheep of the chemical foods family. We want cleeeeaaaan foods, because we and our awesome consumers love simple, real food with no weird stuff in it. So, can you use your powers, Anakin, for us on the nice sunny side of the Force? We believe in you!
- You are passionate about natural foods and get jazzed when you hear how someone who hasn’t been able to eat a taco for a decade can now be part of the fiesta again!
- You are a problem solver- challenges are exciting and you look forward to working through them.
- You are inquisitive by nature with a passion for embracing new experiences, aspiring to grow your knowledge and skill set.
- You know chemistry better than Walter White but you’re not on the precipice of a major emotional and moral breakdown.
- Patience is a virtue and you understand some things take time and many attempts. But you also have a healthy dose of urgency.
- You understand the threats and pathogens that can make food unsafe, and you have a plan for how to keep those ugly little bugs out of things we consume.
- You have a degree and practical experience as a food scientist, but you’re against humans eating non-food things.
What you will do:
- Conduct scientific testing (using experimental methodologies) on new and existing food products to ensure safety and quality.
- Assisting in product development within strict and tight parameters.
- Ingredient testing - includes researching the best tests for individual case uses, developing new tests if necessary, and ultimately performing the tests and gathering/inputting data.
- Keeping up with developments and trends in the consumer packaged goods space - including ingredients, new products, existing “problems” for our brand to solve, techniques, packaging solutions.
- Ensuring all developments maintain a quality result and abide by food science standards.
- Help us make the next generation of innovative Mexican-American food products.
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred but we are more interested in your on the job chemistry.
- 3 years of relevant work experience; added bonus if you have lab experience of any kind. Extra bonus if you aspire to be Bill Nye.
- Understanding of Mexican and Mexican-American food products production. No worries if you are not a black belt- we just need you to be at least an orange belt.
- You were created with sugar- spice- and everything nice.
- Your experiments lead to Hulk-like outcomes. And we’re talking about in the best way possible.
Siete Family Foods is committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Siete Family Foods will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as needed.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.