Director of Quality & Food Safety
An open letter to our Director of Quality and Food Safety:
Hola! As a seasoned expert in the Food Safety and Manufacturing industry, we know you’ve probably got your hands full (figuratively speaking) of evaluations, strategies, and operational knowledge, but we’re glad you’re taking the time to eat—er—read this....Pardon our Freudian Chip! What we’d really like to know is whether or not you’d be interested in keeping your hands full of all those things, but tossing in (literally this time) our delicious tortilla chips, hot sauce, and queso into the mix. Sound like something you’re interested in? We look forward to hearing from you!
- From inspecting chip folds and bubbles to seasoning ratios, you’re a detail-orientated individual who is highly organized, with ability to multi-snack—err—task.
- Like a root canal specialist, you have strong strategic thinking and creative problem-skills with proven ability to implement root cause analysis for identification of corrective actions and problem resolution.
- You’re a motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt quickly, and run like the wind, Bullseye!
- Similar to the elves at the North Pole in Q4, you’re committed to seeing problems through to resolution even beyond normal working hours.
- You’ve got the ability to handle complex situations involving multiple SKUs, channels, and distribution models. The business equivalent of a Peregrine Falcon, you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Passion is your fashion, and you wear it year-round because you’re a high-energy individual looking to play a critical role.
- You’ve got the ability to lead and develop the Quality team in both technical capability and effective communication, and “Not Afraid'' by Eminem may or may not be your favorite hype song.
- You are deadline-oriented with ability to organize assignments, set priorities, and carry out plans. Case closed.
What you will do:
- Evaluate production operations from a strategic level to ensure that products meet quality, integrity, functionality, and other specifications and requirements.
- Develop, collaborate, and communicate quality standards and parameters to the Quality team and the Culinary & Innovation team.
- Report the status of quality and operations to leadership and, when required, regulatory agencies.
- Identify areas of opportunity or concern related to Food Safety and Quality and develop appropriate solutions to address those concerns.
- Lead the Quality and Food Safety department in all related matters such as product recalls, withdrawals, audit documentation and requirements, and product quality evaluation and consumer complaint response, resolution, and tracking.
- Deliver highly disciplined compliance with all company-defined, federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies and Company defined food safety and sanitation standards, systems to meet the Siete Quality commitment.
- Audit and monitor current and potential co-manufacturing partners (e.g. safety programs [e.g. HACCP, GMP]; recall procedures; facility GFSI certifications).
- Act as SQF practitioner for internal facilities, responsible for the development, implementation, oversight and continuous improvement of the SQF program.
- Serve as point of contact and "quality person responsible" for all matters related to the FDA and other regulatory/compliance entities.
- Attend product trials, and periodically visit co-manufacturing partners to observe production.
- Be on call outside of normal business hours during manufacturing runs to troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor and ensure the continuous improvement of QFS processes - communicate effectively with internal and external partners to ensure implementation of QFS policies within Manufacturing and across Supply Chain.
- Partner with Culinary & Innovation to create long-term strategies to overcome quality challenges and enforce these standards among external partners.
- Develop strong working relationships with key material suppliers and co-manufacturers, schedule period visits to ensure quality and food safety.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity of Siete’s product line and manufacturing process for each product.
- Represent Quality and Food Safety in product commercialization activities.
- Travel required to co-manufacturers and key suppliers as required (~20%)
- 6+ years of Food Safety experience in a food-manufacturing environment
- Experience with HACCP and SQF programs required
- Strong foundation in regulatory policies
- Proven ability to evaluate food safety and quality processes
- Experience with shelf-stable and temperature-sensitive products is a plus
- Degree in Food Science or Microbiology or related discipline a plus
- Certified auditor; audit training a plus
- Proven track record in coaching and developing teams and individuals
Please fill out our culture questionnaire. There are no wrong answers here -we want to learn more about you!
Siete Family Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. Siete Family Foods hires qualified candidates and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.