Senior Quality Assurance Technician - Claysburg
Location: Sheetz Corporate - Altoona, PA
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Ensure and verify that foods produced and assembled in the Sheetz Brothers Kitchen/Claysburg adhere to established high food safety & quality standards and ensure Quality Assurance programs and procedures are implemented and followed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Recommend and establish food safety and quality procedures via written programs that will be implemented in the Sheetz Brothers Kitchen – Claysburg.
- Assist in training, and implementation of food safety and quality programs for receiving, preparation, storage and shipping of product. Verify compliance to QA programs such as SSOP’s, HACCP, GMP’s, Specification Verification, Chemical Testing, Allergen Control, Traceability, Packaging, etc.
- Conduct verification and validation of HACCP program to comply with company quality standards and government regulations.
- Monitor the product rotation and date coding procedures in all areas for short-coded items to insure freshness and top quality to our stores.
- Assist in investigating complaints pertaining to product in stores that have been manufactured or assembled in the Sheetz Brothers Kitchen – Claysburg.
- Prepare appropriate schedules for testing – microbiological and otherwise.
- Conduct chemical testing to ensure product and ingredients meet written specifications. Ensure all required testing and data collection is being completed correctly.
- Ensure QA collected data is maintained appropriately and reports are prepared in a timely manner.
- Conduct, document and communicate results of product, retention, and microbial evaluations to management teams.
- Maintain laboratory in an organized and sanitary condition while maintaining and practicing good laboratory skills
- Conduct microbiological sampling and testing of environmental and product shelf-life samples from Sheetz Brothers Kitchen – Claysburg.
- Assist the Quality Assurance(QA) Manager – Claysburg in conducting monthly self-inspections of the Claysburg facility and cafeteria, and in evaluating products against written specification and the targeted national brands. Fill in for the QA Manager when they are unavailable.
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- Minimum 2 Year Degree in Related field or equivalent certifications/experience.
- 4 Year Degree in related field preferred.
- 2 years in food safety or related field
- 1 year in a laboratory environment
- Understanding of microbiological laboratory practices
- ServeSafe Certification
- Advanced HACCP Certification
- Seafood HACCP
Tools & Equipment
- Hand tools (hammer, measuring devices, wrench, level, etc.)
- Lab testing equipment
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn't changed is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the charities it holds dear.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.