Quality Assurance Manager
Meet Shearer’s, Fort Worth’s newest neighbor! We are excited to expand our business in one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the US! Adding great talent to our team starts NOW!
Quality Assurance Manager
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
♥ You already us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held manufacturer of quality salty snack foods, cookies and crackers. Our focus includes both private label and co-manufacturer products, across our network of 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facilities. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. We have exceptional competence in supply chain, product development, manufacturing and business development, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates, and we are growing. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com for more information.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading the quality assurance, sanitation and food safety programs. We are looking for an exceptional leader who can mentor, train, challenge and grow a supervisory and technician team of quality and sanitation professionals. This role is a senior leadership position within the facility and the successful candidate will be a passionate change agent who can lead their team by example. Can you demonstrate past accomplishments in taking a quality assurance/sanitation team to the next level? If so, then this is the ideal role for your next career opportunity!
You will work closely with top retail grocery and foodservice customers, suppliers, corporate personnel, and manufacturing staff. Responsibilities includes auditing of Quality systems such as, SQF (Safe Quality Foods), the Food Safety Plan, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for plant Quality department. Responsible for communication of food quality standards to plant personnel through training, corrective actions, quality audits, production and facility monitoring.
This position reports directly to the Plant Director. If you are looking for your next career opportunity where you will have the autonomy to really make a difference and impact an organization, we want to speak with you!
Your Seat at the Table
- Manage the Quality and Food Safety function at the facility.
- Manage the Sanitation Supervisor and the sanitation program.
- Serves as SQF Practitioner and site Preventive Controls Qualified Individual.
- Manage programs to verify, validate the Food Safety Pre-requisite programs.
- Manage the plant Food Safety Plan and associated policies and procedures.
- Serves as Food Safety Team Member.
- Monitor, support and enforce all Shearer’s Foods food safety processes and procedures. This includes all AIB standards, SQF standards, and customer specific standards as identified in supporting documentation.
- Participate in weekly Food Safety Inspections.
- Ensure all quality procedures and processes are followed according to document policies.
- Ensures that all GMP and Safety standards are in compliance.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives, aligns and coordinates objectives with Production and Corporate objectives in cooperation with the Plant Manager and other managers/supervisors to maximize food safety, product quality and minimize costs.
- Coaches QA team to become technical resources for facilitating issue resolution on the production floor. Develops technicians and supervisors in auditing of production team members performing quality processes
- Designs and implements quality assurance training programs.
- Investigates and responds to customer complaints. Tracks complaint and reacts to emerging issues or trends engaging the appropriate functions and process owners (i.e. production, maintenance, PD, etc) to resolve.
- Develops and analyzes statistical quality data. Utilizes these data for troubleshooting or continuous quality improvement where appropriate.
- Coordinate and participate in mock recalls.
- Responds to customer requests and queries.
- Provides technical support to operations.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or other related degree.
- Direct experience with AIB, SQF or similar food industry production audits.
- Must be a certified Preventive Controls Qualified Individual
- Prefer SQF Practitioner Certification.
- Knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principals, cGMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, Pest Control, Allergen Control & Recall programs).
- Solid knowledge of Laboratory Procedures.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both orally and written.
- Supervisory experience in a QA lab.
- Knowledge of FDA standards and FSMA Regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work.
- Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on food safety, quality assurance, and plant regulatory compliance.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience working directly with customers and supplier.
- Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Working knowledge of statistical software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand mathematical equations, especially basic statistical analysis.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.