Sr. Food Safety Auditor
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS helps to improve food safety, enhance quality, support sustainable development, improve margins and protect brand. SGS auditors have the industry and business expertise to perform food audits against chosen criteria and code of practice. In addition to providing customized programs SGS can audit against numerous international standards such as International Featured Standard (IFS), Safe Quality Food (SQF), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and the SGS Hygiene Monitored Approval Scheme.
As the Sr. Food Safety Auditor you will act as a Lead Auditor in more than one standard (i.e. FSSC22000, SQF, BRC and /or Quality Management system standard) and conduct integrated audits where required as per global procedures, local procedures, guidance and instructing of Food Product Manager/Technical Manager.
- Perform audits in any capacity in conformance with the SGS Global/Local procedures and sector specific schemes while delivering on time arrival of audit report.
- Conduct public presentations, training and seminars on specific standards where required.
- Assist in the training of other auditors during planned audits or during other training functions.
- Report any customer complaints, problems and or system deficiencies to the Food Certification management / Technical Manager and Business Manager.
- To participate actively in witness audits.
- Conduct Sales/Marketing presentations of food services and technical advice to those marketing and sale function where required.
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Food Science or Bio Science is required (consideration will be given to other science as well i.e. chemical science depending on the additional training course attended related to food subject).
- At least 5 years work experience of proven management function in food industry with minimum 2 years work experience in Quality assurance function or food safety management system coordination.
- Minimum 5 years work experience and qualified as SQF, BRC and/or FSSC 22000 lead auditor (especially High Risk products).
- Ability to travel 75% of the time, possible weekend travel.
- Experience in delivering training is preferable.
- Position may be located anywhere in the U.S.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.