Sr. Food Safety Auditor
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS helps to improve food safety, enhance quality, support sustainable development, improve margins and protect brands. SGS auditors have the industry and business expertise to perform food audits against chosen criteria and code of practice.
As the Sr. Food Safety Auditor, you will act as a Lead Auditor in more than one standard (i.e. FSSC22000, SQF, BRC and /or Quality Management system standard) and conduct integrated audits where required as per global procedures, local procedures, guidance and instructing of Food Product Manager/Technical Manager.
- Perform audits against numerous international standards such as International Featured Standard (IFS), Safe Quality Food (SQF), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and the SGS Hygiene Monitored Approval Scheme while delivering on time arrival of audit report.
- Conduct public presentations, training and seminars on specific standards where required.
- Assist in the training of other auditors during planned audits or during other training functions.
- Report any customer complaints, problems and or system deficiencies to the Food Certification management / Technical Manager and Business Manager.
- To participate actively in witness audits.
- Conduct Sales/Marketing presentations of food services and technical advice to those marketing and sale function where required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Bio Science is required.
- 5+ years work experience and qualified as SQF, BRC and/or FSSC 22000 lead auditor (especially High-Risk products).
- At least 5 years work experience of proven management function in food industry.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in quality assurance function or food safety management system coordination.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time, possible weekend travel.
- Position may be located anywhere in the U.S.
- Experience in delivering training is preferable.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.