Vice President of Food Safety and Quality
Sensei Ag is a market-changing AgTech
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
We have an immediate opening for a Vice President of Food Safety and Quality to join our team.
The Vice President of Food Safety & Quality will lead & provide technical direction in meeting the company's food safety, quality, regulatory & consumer objectives. Fresh produce experience is REQUIRED as we are looking for someone to lead our company's efforts to provide quality products to our consumers.
This position will be based on the West Coast and requires frequent travel to all of our operating facilities.
To be successful in this role you will be required to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or other related disciplines
- Familiarity with indoor growing and/or greenhouses
- Strong food safety & quality management experience in the fresh produce industry
- Self-starter, action-oriented, able to lead others, organized and detail-oriented, able to work in a team environment, able to lead change, and continuously drive to improve processes
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong computer software skills
Traits We Value
Appreciation for transforming
health and the future of food
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and continually seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Flexible PTO, vacation days and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.