JOB FILLED - Food Scientist / Product development
Our team of Food Scientists develop shelf stable, multi-component entrees, side dishes, sauces, and soups in a variety of packaging, including pouches, bowls, and trays. As a Food Scientist, you will be involved with a project from conception to benchtop development and finally commercialization through implementation. You will work closely with not just the customer but internal cross-functional teams.
Our customers may come to us with a developed prototype while others have only a concept. We work in both extremes building close relationships with our customers to successfully commercialize their products in our manufacturing facilities and launch into market.
As a member of our team, your day to day functions include…….
- Support Operations and Quality teams to ensure knowledge transfer and adherence of quality from the lab to industrial scale-up.
- Continuous improvement to current products and processes as needed for internal and external customers.
- Communicate with current or potential customers in person, phone, or email.
- Provide guidance to lab personnel on technical formulation requirements, specification development, data collection, and procedures.
- Build relationships with suppliers and source raw materials to comply with product design standards.
- Develop products based on customer provided guidelines, including but not limited to USDA labeling, organic, nutritional restrictions, allergen free, etc.
- Participate in cuttings of your own products or a fellow food scientist’s products.
- B.S. Food Science or related Field
- Prefer minimum 3 years of product development, process development, or similar experience in food related industry.
- Prefer experience in factory environment, scaling from benchtop development to commercialization.
- Experience in savory flavor applications (i.e. sauce, soups, and side dishes) a plus.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office applications, experience with Genesis and SAP a plus.
- Ability to interface well and collaborate with cross-functional teams, customers, and suppliers.
- Must be highly self-motivated, proactive, demonstrate initiative, and think critically.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, oral, and written.
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and adaptable to change.
- Occasional travel required (10%)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.