Quality Assurance Manager
Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
Our company seeks innovative employees who are experts in their field that can utilize this information to constantly improve the company as well as continue personal growth. The employee must be independent with a positive attitude to match. As well as the ability to learn and adapt to change.
We are looking for a team oriented employee who will collaborating with their direct reports as well as multiple areas of our business including Production and Senior Management. In addition, the employee must be able to manage and lead his direct reports daily providing daily feedback and candor. This employee must be extremely ethical and transparent while showing great initiative. The position requires you to be detail oriented and extremely organized.
Our business is in the process of moving to online record keeping and information recording so analytical skills are required as well as extreme comfort.
This position reports directly to the owners of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining the company in compliance with USDA and customers regulations.
- Interact with and be a liaison to both Government agencies and third party auditing schemes
- Conduct plant GMP inspections and monitor GMP’s for compliance.
- Ensure specification compliance for finished products
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures such as HACCP, GMP’s, SQF Level 2, SSOP, process deviation, hold and release.
- Training for GMP’s, HAACP and Food defense programs.
- Supervising and scheduling of QA personnel.
- Strive for continuous improvements of products, process, procedures and reliability.
- Maintain a knowledge base of customer requirements, quality specifications and reporting requirements.
- Other tasks and projects may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology, Food Process Engineering or related field; MS preferred.
- Protein Experience A Plus but not required
- 10-15 years experience working in Food Industry;
- HAACP Knowledge and Experience; and ability to apply them;
- Ability to think independently and take responsibility for decisions.
- Proficient in QA Software Programs
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.