Quality Assurance Coordinator
The Schwebel Baking Company is looking to add a QA Coordinator to our Solon Bakery, in Solon, Ohio. The qualified individual will perform a full range of quality assurance activities. Assures consistent quality and food safety of production, enforcing Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) systems.
- Validates quality processes and quality attributes; measures production; documents evidence; determines operational and performance qualification; updates quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigates and analyzes trends of customer complaints.
- Helps prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations; ensures records are legible, retained in good condition, and are retrievable
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments by collaborating with other members of management to develop new product/engineering designs and manufacturing/training methods.
- Conducts audits of co-manufacturing facilities, suppliers, and vendors.
- Manages a food safety team, organizes its work, and ensures relevant training and education of the food safety team members.
- Ensures that the food safety management system is established, implemented, maintained, and updated; and reports to the organization's top management on the effectiveness and suitability of the food safety management system
- Assists in preparing specific plant information for Food Safety, HACCP, and other management review meetings; records and prepares meeting minutes for all management meetings; assists in maintaining calendar to track required meetings, training and reviews.
- Reports and takes necessary action to prevent food safety, legality and quality problems from occurring.
- Follows and enforces programs and procedures outlined in the Food Safety and Quality Manual to support compliance with the FSSC Standard for Food Safety and other third party audits; ensures compliance with finished product specifications through documentation review.
- Performs other functions as required by Quality supervision, or Plant Management.
- Previous experience in food safety is preferred.
- Must have adequate knowledge of the GFSI standards (e.g., BRC, SQF, IFS, FSSC 22000) and how they work within food manufacturing and packaging companies.
- Must have knowledge of process improvement and strategic planning.
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, the ability to inform others, and the ability of technical writing.
- Must have the ability to analyze information and knowledge of statistical process control to project trends and identify correlations.
- Must have knowledge of quality engineering and experience with GFSI audit schemes.
- Food Science/Microbiology background a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask.
- Ability to train and work closely with Cross Functional Teams.
- Experience in the implementation and auditing is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application and web-based research techniques.
- Some travel (less than 10%).
Must be able to satisfy work schedule necessary to complete job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, bending, and kneeling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
Schwebel’s will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
The Schwebel Baking Company offers a competitive pay package that includes but is not limited to; Health Insurance which includes Dental/Vision/RX care, paid vacation and personal leave, short and long-term disability, and a company 401K plan.
The Schwebel Baking Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.