Quality Assurance Team Advisor
Plant Quality Assurance
In the Quality Assurance Team Advisor position, you will lead the efforts of a quality team. Duties include planning, organizing, training, coaching, and compliance with various customers, company, government requirements and guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that customers and supplier specifications are followed and met.
- Develop Schreiber Foods culture – train, coach, evaluate and reinforce process excellence principles with partners.
- Customer Requirements – work with Team Leaders in identifying and communicating customer requirements. Develop PCP’s to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Governmental Regulations – be knowledgeable of various government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., AIB, OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc.
- Work with the team to make sure that daily production is evaluated to maximize efficiencies, making necessary adjustments as conditions change.
- Administer various company, plant or department processes in certification programs, pay systems, assessment/feedback processes, document controls and product traceability.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, dairy science, microbiology, biology, animal science or related field is required
- 1+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety or Production
- Proven leadership experience in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to make good business decisions quickly
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Internal Partners: Must be in current role a minimum of 2 years
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.