Quality and Food Safety Supervisor
Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac. The Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Margaretville Spirits, Dr. McGillicuddy’s, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family owned company with operations around the world. Since 2008, Sazerac has experienced double-digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
As the Quality and Food Safety Supervisor for Buffalo Trace Distillery, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following priorities:
- Total Quality Management: Under guidance of the Quality Manager, assist with implementing and maintaining a World Class Manufacturing Quality / Food Safety system
- Regulatory and Legal Compliance: Ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements for quality and food safety.
- Safety Program: Drive a culture of prevention, support established safety programs and training; and communicate/mentor safety standards.
- Auditing Project: Assist with development, implementation and maintenance of auditing to measure and track the Quality performance of the facility.
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives: Under guidance of the Quality Manager, drive continuous improvement in the quality processes and systems at the facility.
- Excellence in Operations: Lead the team of Laboratory Technicians in standardizing testing methods and reducing variability of results; ensure compliance with ISO standards; ensure HACCP and Food Safety Programs are effective and ensure validations are completed.
- World Class Customer Service: Ensure facility meets the regulatory quality and food safety standards. Drive ownership of quality and food safety to the source, ensuring employees understand their roles and responsibilities, and are engaged in the quality and food safety processes to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 - 10 years relevant experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Change Management Experience
- Strong computer skills with a high comfort using technology and systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- ISO/HACCP implementation/management experience
- Food Safety certification or proven experience working with Global Food Safety standards
- Experience working with external / internal auditors
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.