Production Manager and Food Safety Assistant
Satur Farms, located on the North Fork of Long Island, is seeking a food professional to fill a Production and Food Safety Manager position for our baby leaf growing and processing operation.
This position involves supervision of receiving product from our farm, coordinating processing, packing, and shipping of our products, while overseeing the HACCP Food Safety program. Strong leadership and organizational skills required.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all quality programs, HACCP programs, SOPs, SSOPs, to ensure compliance with FSMA standards.
- Lead preoperational food safety inspections and the daily start-up of fresh produce production.
- Monitor critical limits at the operation’s HACCP critical control points.
- Evaluate quality of incoming product and received according to food safety and traceability standards.
- Monitor and update inventory to maintain an accurate traceability program.
- Help schedule production and shipping needs to meet sales requirements.
- Schedule, evaluate, and motivate of all facility employees.
- Communicate areas of responsibility and performance expectations regarding operating standards and efficiency goals.
- Maintain a visible presence on the production floor to provide guidance and supervision during production and sanitation phases.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment and helped coordinate maintenance and repair.
- Schedule and administer training sessions for production employees and transportation personnel.
- Manage customer complaints and HACCP responses.
HAACP and PCQI knowledge and/or certification preferred
Proficient with implementation of GFSI Standards
Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing and distribution environment.
Strong logical decision-making skills
Must be able to efficiently manage time and meet deadlines
Willing to be hands on to identify and correct issues
Team oriented with the ability to also work independently
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and inventory software desired
English/Spanish bi-lingual an advantage
- Bachelor degree in relevant technical field required
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.