Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor
Summary: This position is responsible for ensuring that product meets all quality and food safety standards set forth by corporate and local food safety policies and procedures, and federal regulatory authorities. This position requires the daily coordination and communication between food safety & quality assurance, operations and all applicable support staff at the facility. This person will be responsible to train new and current FSQA employees. Also, as part of their daily duties, the food safety & quality assurance supervisor will need to inspect value streams and processes for compliance with standards, determining methods to resolve any issues that arise. Flexible hours required, dependent on departmental needs. Additional duties include; coordinate scheduling of direct reports, provide team leadership and support through daily actions, coaching, and guidance to staff, participate in reviewing plant microbiology lab monitoring programs, help maintain compliance of HACCP, SSOP plans and QA and Manufacturing programs for the plant, and execute process control audits and recognize deviations. This position will help organize SQF training, to include scheduling weekly QA trainings and implement processes to review Standardized Work to align with Quality and Food Safety policies and procedures. Our Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor will also assist with the HAACP verification and reviews for all areas of plant and coordinates and clarifies the QA policies and procedures. They are the lead or participate in Root Cause problem solving events at the facility and ensure compliance with all plant related KPI's.
- 3 years food processing experience required
- 1-3 years management experience preferred
- 1-3 years experience with food safety and quality programs preferred
- Familiar with USDA/FSIS and/or FDA labeling policies and processing requirements, preferred
- HACCP / SQF certification preferred
- BS degree- Food Science or related field, required
- Technical skills: demonstrates the technical / functional skills to complete job responsibilities. This includes knowledge of regulations (FSMA and FDA), global standards, formulations (science/chemistry), food microbiology, sanitation, R&D process, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Leading Others: ability to get work done through others; effective at managing and developing individuals and teams
- Project Management: ability to manage people and projects- simple to complex
- Influencing Skills: ability to build relationships, influence, and collaborate, within and across departments
- Leadership Presence: demonstrates managerial courage, resolves conflicts, and communicates well with all levels in the organization
- Ability to work different shifts as needed.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in a cold and wet environment
- Ability to work in a hot and humid environment
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must wear protective clothing including steel toed shoes
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
- During absences temporary coverage for this position will be determined by plant management
Travel: 10% travel
Reports To: Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.