The Quality Assurance Supervisor directly supervises lab employees to maximize productivity of assigned shifts and areas at the highest quality and food safety standards. This includes training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws.
- Works with plant management and other supervisory staff to maximize product quality and productivity.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for product quality, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines.
- Support Quality Assurance systems in order to satisfy internal and customer requirements to include process evaluation and product protection programs; process specifications and standards; sanitation programs, HACCP and GMP programs; production labeling; and product storage and distribution.
- Coordinates schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work, quality and food safety problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
- Maintains quality and food safety records.
- Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Provides supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Trains and instructs employees regarding quality and food safety standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively apply the Saputo values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-based area (ex: Microbiology, Food Science, Dairy Science) of study preferred, or a minimum of 2 years high level plant-based laboratory experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary principles.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.